Thursday, August 05, 2004

Introduction

IN THE BEGINNING there was formlessness, and neither space nor matter. Then things Became, and it's all been downhill from there.

But the Eldritch were there at the start of it all, watching, creating, changing. They're still out there. Vast, shifting, terrible, wondrous. And whenever something stirs in a deep pool on a young world, and starts to set down the path of becoming other than it is - you can see Their hand at work. And Their vision is made manifest in the architecture of all there Is.

These are Their stories. As all stories, ultimately, are.


* * *

Right, so, if you're new...

This is where I'm posting vignettes, works-in-progress, extracts, and sundry odds and ends having to do with my peculiar urban-fantastique fictional universe - particularly stories of Jenny Haniver, sidelines to the Adeptus comic, and the development of the Berengar Moran mythos. I'm thinking of it as a kind of laboratory/testing ground/brainstorming space for all things Eldritch, so I'm not expecting a lot of consistency or coherency (and neither should you).

In the interest of artistic, um, wossname, development, as well as community, I'm opening up comments, which all are invited to partake in. Constructive criticism is welcome, but be nice; I'm brooding and complex and my wee ego is fragile. That said, "This bit doesn't work for me" is something I hardly ever take offense to, especially if you give good argument. (What I'm not interested in is extensive copyediting. If that's your particular gift, by all means go use it -and your time - where you'll make some money at it.)

A disclaimer: This is gonna be grown-up stuff, kids. If you have a problem with adult language or themes, this is the wrong hangout for you. In particular, I find myself dealing increasingly with themes of sexuality and religion that can be touchy and controversial even to many open-minded folks. So don't say I didn't warn you.

If you've stuck with me this far, it's my hope and intent that you'll be entertained by what's to follow. You're witness to the process of building a world that I'm having a hell of a good time playing in. Here's hoping you will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home